The 2013 Porter Ridge High School Prom will be held at the Great Wolf Lodge and Resort in Concord on April 27th from 8 pm - 12:00am.
The Great Wolf Lodge and Resort is close-by, off same exit as Concord Mills Shopping Mall. The buffet of food sounds like it will be excellent and the Lodge will have it's own security guards to keep our guests in the convention center area.There is an outdoor patio the students may use adjacent to the prom venue.The waterpark is only for guests who are staying at the Lodge.
- Tickets may be purchased during 4 different weeks. This is the only time tickets will be on sale and each time the prices will increase. Tickets will be available for purchase during all lunches each of the following weeks. It is best to buy your tickets early.
- Prices go up each week tickets are on sale:
Feb. 11-15 seniors $45 each, juniors $55 each
March 4-8 seniors $55 each, juniors $65 each
March 25-29 seniors $65 each, juniors $75 each
Last Chance: April 8, 9 and 10 All tickets $75 each
- **All sales are final and the last day to purchase a ticket will be on April 10. Student's may not sell their prom tickets unless they have contacted and have permission by the Prom sponsor/administration to do so.
- ONLY Porter Ridge Junior and Seniors may purchase tickets for the Prom. Student's from other schools (not Porter Ridge students) must be a guest of a Porter Ridge Student and 20 years and under.
- Take a Guest:
- Only guests who have been approved by properly completing the Guest form with corect signatures are allowed to attend Prom. Guests include any high school student who does not attend Porter Ridge High and/or any person not over 20 years of age. Guest forms must be accompanied with a copy of the guest's driver's license. Each guest is approved or denied by the PRHS administration. These forms are available in the Main office or can be downloaded here.
- No one over 20 years of age will be allowed to attend as a guest.
- Formal Dress:
- This is a school function and dress codes and behavior policies apply.
- Attire for the Prom should be respectable.
- Suits/Tuxedos (shirts must be worn at all times) for males.
- All dresses must be school function appropriate.
- If you have a question about the appropriateness of your dress please see Mrs. Richert or Ms. Kerley.
- Getting In at the Prom
- All students and guests must present their current License or identification card and name must match the name on the ticket. (Student's and guest's names will be printed on the back of their ticket -so, tickets may not be given or sold to a third party without the school's prom committee sponsor having prior knowledge. The name would need to be corrected before the day of the prom.) If a student o rtheir approved guest does not possess a driver's license or ID, they must see Mr.Basden before the day of the Prom to get a written note from him to enter Prom.
- Prom begins at 8 pm and ends at 12 am. Once students and guests leave the prom, they will not be allowed to re-enter (They cannot go to get something out of their car or put something back in their car.) Stadium security will be at the entrance with our administrators. Administrators and faculty chaperone the prom.
Remember - This is a School Sponsored event. All students and guests must follow PRHS/UCPS and Bank of America Stadium Rules and Regulations.
Each student is expected to behave accordingly: in their speech, dress, and actions.
Administration will be present and at the door to gree tstudents and guests as they enter. Any student or guest who is believed to have been drinking alcohol will not be admitted. UCPS Code of Student Conduct #12 states that possessing, using, being under the influence of, sale or exchange of alcohol is prohibited. The consequences are an automatic six day suspension, an automatic recommendation for long-term suspension, a drug education class and the authorities will be notified.
Smoking is prohibitied at Bank of America Stadium and the consequences for smoking will follow theUCPS Guidelines and also the Stadium guidelines.
In the event of a rules infraction, Students and/or Guests less than 18 years of age will have their parents/guardians contacted and arrangements will be made for them to pick up their child (and guest if applicable) from the site. Guests 18 years or older will be escorted out and off of the stadium property by Stadium security and PRHS administration and parents/guardians will be contacted.
Parking or Drop Off/Pick Up :
- Parking will be free for students this year.
- If students are being picked up after Prom, their ride must be there at or before 12 am.
- Prom Pictures
- LifeTouch Photographers will be set up to begin taking Prom photos at 8 pm.
- It is usually best to go ahead and have pictures made as students enter.
We will be providing the FREE Photo Booth again this year for students and they are welcome to take as many fun freestyle photos as they would like during Prom with their friends. This booth was a big hit at last year's prom!
- There will be a brochure with photo packages and pricing given to each student when they recieve their prom ticket packets.
Receiving Prom Tickets
- Students will be recieving Prom Tickets in a packet on Wednesday, April 24.
- Students will report back to their homerooms at the end of the day and be given a packet with their prom tickets, directions to the stadium and Photo brochures.
- Any student absent on this day may pick up their Prom ticket packet in the main office on Friday, April 26. If a student cannot pick up their prom ticket packet, a family member may come by the school and pick up the packet for them. The family member will be asked to sign a form that they picked up the tickets for that student.
- All Prom Ticket Packets must be picked up by 3:00 pm on Friday, April 26
- There will be water and punch, as well as finger foods served during prom.