The College Counseling Office of PRHS is here to help students explore their college options. With choice comes responsibility to sort through information, to do some soul-searching, to take tests and complete forms, and sometimes to seek guidance from others. When making college decisions, it is good to consult all of the resources available.
Porter Ridge's College Counseling Office provides reference material, college videos, SAT preparation guides, and support and guidance for PRHS students. The menu provides links to a wealth of vital college counseling resources. The College Counseling website will be updated when necessary to reflect the most current information, so please visit this site often!
Guidance counselors require two weeks notice for college/scholarship recommendations!
- Assessing Colleges
- Carolina Colleges - links to their websites
- College Search Tools
- Consider Community College
- Exploring Careers
- Why go to College?
Juniors and Seniors! You must follow certain procedures for a college visit.
- Go to the Guidance Office and get a prior approval form and have it signed by an administrator.
- On your visit to the college, you must get a signature on the college letterhead form to bring back to the Attendance Office.
- A college visit is only an excused absence. It counts as an absence for attendance and exam purposes. You must make up work that you miss.
- This is NOT a waivable absence. A true "Waivable Absence" is if you go to interview for a "scholarship opportunity". This must be in writing.
- If you have any questions, please see Mr. Rogers in the Attendance Office or see a Guidance Counselor.